ASE position announcement: Program Secretary (3-year term)
Deadline for applications: November 1, 2016
The Association for Social Economics (ASE) seeks a new Program Secretary. The Program Secretary is responsible for coordinating efforts in order to ensure smooth running of the ASE sessions at the Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA) meetings. This is a three-year term from January 2017 through December 2019. The Program Secretary is appointed by the Executive Council of the Association.
The Program Secretary:
- Coordinates with the ASSA for the annual meeting; works to plan the annual membership meeting, plenary session, breakfast, and sessions, ensuring that all are included in the general program.
- Works with the ASSA and the ASE President-Elect on the program for the annual meetings; proofs galleys for ASSA program book, especially those pages relating directly to ASE sessions.
- Arranges for and sets menus and prices for the Association Presidential breakfast and the plenary session and makes certain that the breakfast is included in the ASSA pre-registration materials as a fee event.
- Notifies members of the availability of the ASSA-provided pre-registration.
- Receives a reimbursement not to exceed $500 annually to partially cover the cost of attending the annual meetings of ASE in association with the ASSA meetings if full funding is not provided by the individual’s host institution.
- Receives one of the two complimentary rooms allocated to the Association at the annual meetings with ASSA.
In order to apply, please send a letter of interest and a CV to Prof. Giuseppe Fontana (G.Fontana@leeds.ac.uk), President of the Association for Social Economics, Economics, Univ. of Leeds (UK) and Univ. of Sannio (Italy), by November 1, 2016. Phone interviews will be held in mid-November 2016.